Monday, October 13, 2008

Chicken Caesar Wrap

I was glad to see the Bucks made a post Saturday as I suddenly had the urge to also update the blog with an experience I had back on Tuesday October 7th. You see, Christopher Rasnick was getting a Chicken Caesar wrap at the Deli and I was right behind him trying to decide what to get myself. Nothing was particularly striking my fancy so I was intrigued by his selection of the Chicken Caesar Wrap, it did look pretty good and since I hadn't tried it I thought I would give it a go. Well, all I did was simply tell the Deli lady that all I wanted was the exact same thing she just made for Rasnick. So of course the first question she asks is, "What kind of tortilla do you want on the wrap?".
Clearly I was mis-understood, so I repeated myself "Exactly whatever kind the last guy had"
She replies "Well he had a wheat wrap and normally we give a flour wrap"

I answer "Ok well then I will also have a wheat wrap"

As the lady is pulling the wheat wrap out of the bag it gets about a 1 inch tear in the tortilla (its about a 12" tortilla in diameter) and she looked at it and pondered it for a few seconds. Quick as lighting she made up her mind and crumpled the whole thing up and threw it right in the trash, though I would have gladly accepted the slightly flawed tortilla. Anyway she then goes back into the bag to retrieve another wheat tortilla, and big surprise, it is the last one in the bag. Initially I am thinking that its my lucky day, but alas, this tortilla is far more damaged than the previous one, likely due to it being on the bottom of the bag for its whole life. I think I saw the lady smirk with a glint of joy for a moment as she crumpled that one up also and threw it in the trash. Then she just looked at me and said "Guess your gettin' flour"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha how stupid of that lady... I like how you have a little Microsoft paint tear in your tortilla.

Unknown said...

It wasn't as easy as I expected to find a torn tortilla picture on the interwebs