Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Black Pepper Mayonaise

So yesterday I went to the cafeteria bldg 3 and I was immediately disappointed when there was a sign on the International Meals section that said there was no international meal today but to return the next day. There was no explanation as to why, so I was force to just accept the sign's declaration. As usual, the regular chef's feature's options were not satisfying, so I had to choose between the Deli and the insanely slow grill. I selected the deli, and decided I would try one of their new specialty sandwiches, the Parmigano Peppercorn Roast Beef Ciabata. It boasted succulent roast beef, lettuce, romano tomatoes, caramelized onions and of course the deluxe black pepper mayonnaise all on a premium ciabata bun. This sounded great to me (hold the tomatoes) so I went for it. Well my hopes quickly turned to a nightmare when she split my ciabata bun and began spreading regular run-of-the-mill mayonaise all over my ciabata bun. Internally I was full of angst and decided whether to unleash my rage verbally or just observe and deliberate my options further. Well, I should not be surprised, but after spreading the mayonaise she grabbed a standard peppershaker and sprinkled about 5 shakes all over the maynoise she had just spread. Hence, the black pepper mayonnaise, which ironically is just what they had advertised though it was a complete deception to what the average customer would expect. I just shook my head in disbelief, I could not complain because I got exactly what was written on the walls, it was very pathetic. So remember my friends, do not be tricked by the cafeteria, if they offer black pepper mayonnaise that is what you will get, mayonnaise sprinkled with table pepper.

No comments: