Thursday, March 6, 2008

My Tortilla is Not your Apron

The Buffalo Chicken Wrap is consistently one of the best meals offered by the cafeteria due to its sensual spiciness and crunchy home made potato chips. Overall the meal went well today, only minor complaints. While making my wrap, I was asked if I wanted any dressing (meaning ranch or blue cheese), and I declined as I despise blue cheese dressing. The building of the wrap went as planned, however, the cafeteria lady had a deposit of blue cheese dressing on her gloves. Unfortunately, this was transfered to the tortilla shell of my wrap due to smudging as she rolled it up. Was it really necessary to wipe the excess slime off of her glove on my food instead of elsewhere? This was severely disappointing. Other than that the croutons for my salad had to many herbal elements and gave a strange flavor upon biting into them. The croutons add an exciting element to every day salad making because you never know what stale or expired bread the cafeteria made them out of. I would not discount the possibility of the croutons being spiked with oregano or other potent herbs to offset the stale or moldy flavor that the croutons might normally possess should they go unmodified. I will pay closer attention them in the weeks to come. In the end the experience was acceptable and I will continue to buy this fantastic "international meal"

No comments: